The last hurrah!

Group shot at BARak O'Mama - 
Incase you didn't notice, you can still smoke inside in Russia.

With less than a week left in our beloved Russia, we decided we should all go out for a 'last hurrah' on Friday night before we all go our separate ways next semester. We met at about 9pm, and after about an hour of hovering by tables, glacial service and separate tables, we managed to get two larger tables next to each other, and the cocktails began to flow. Unexpectedly, there was a great live band that performed some great Russian, Spanish, English and even Italian hits - causing different sections of the bar to break into spontaneous singing! More drinks were poured, cocktails turned into shots and before we knew it we were leaving BARak O'Mama to head to a dance club that plays latin/salsa music on a Friday night. With Sam, Grace and Kiara being the only passable salsa dancers of the group, the rest of us just bopped along and had a genuinely good time. Before I knew it, I was heading home in a semi-blizzard, into my bed and off to sleep in no time! It was a really lovely evening but somewhat bittersweet - our time here together in Russia is nearly over. This time next week I will be back home - most likely in a food coma (have I mentioned how much I miss food??) - and my wonderful Russian journey will be over. Not only will I be leaving Russian, but also leaving behind new found friends, amazing teachers and leaving friends from Bath, many of whom I will not see until September 2014. However, all good things must come to an end, and before I know it I'll be back on a plane, heading towards my new life in Madrid, with many exciting adventures ahead of me. Do not fret however, this definitely won't be my last Russian post - I have a few planned before I leave!

Until next time,
Isobel
xx
Share

No comments:

Post a Comment


Isobel Rose. 22.
London-born, Hong Kong raised.
Language graduate. Frequent traveller.
London/Bath, UK


PR Emails & General Emails isobel@isobel-rose.com


Third culture kid (TCK) is a term used to refer to children who were raised in a culture outside of their parents' culture for a significant part of their development years.

Follow on Bloglovin
Powered by Blogger.